Friday 28 November 2014

Dialogue: Love Finale

Shrink: You work in an office that has many beautiful girls. You are not a womanizer so you aren't really jumping into bed with them. You have worked for 3 months and then you begin to notice one girl. Not even among the top 5 cutest in the office but...there is something about her. 6 months, and you think if there are angels in existence, she must surely be one. 1 year you get married and you have no regrets. Question: why wasn't it any of the other girls you fell for?
Shrink: They are finer, sexier and not bad at all in character. But you fell for this particular one. Why?
    
Friend: The heart knows what it wants.... Where it finds comfort       
Shrink: Now that's deep
Shrink: But let's try to think about it
Shrink: Why?
Shrink: What are the possible factors?

Friend: That’s the funny thing about love.... It's not logic.... It's metaphysical
Shrink: Haha! Now you are funny! You are right though. Tell that to all the people who claim to be in love

Friend: There’s a part of us...we don't experience it every day.... It's like the CEO you don't see everyday..... It knows what it wants n when situations rise above the normal mind staffs.... It steps in
                Friend: How can there b so many beautiful houses in the city, but you experience great peace in your grandmother's hut


Shrink: Friend, have you met the love of your life?
Shrink: You sound like you have!
Shrink: because that example captured the feeling perfectly!
Friend: I know about love because I think a lot
Friend: I am currently single
Friend: I can love anyone I want
Friend: A friend of mine said it's like I have life figured out
Shrink: You sound like you do
Shrink: Well I have met the love of my life
Shrink: I have known for 4 years
Shrink: And the grandmother's hut description fits it exactly
Shrink: That's why I exclaimed!
Shrink: You spoke like a man with experience!

Friend: the thing is truthfully, the heart is more comfortable with simplicity than anything else
Friend: Working with children has opened up life to me..... I have understood the world through their eyes
Shrink: You impress me, Friend. But I wonder how far you can go. What can you do for love? (Agape)
Friend: I can point a gun at anyone who tries to hurt them
Friend: But I tend to b able to understand people
Friend: At that point I understand a person.... I tend to love them.... Normal love
Shrink: Apart from your life, can you give up everything you hold so dear, for love?
Friend: Only if the person is ready to do the same
Shrink: GOOD.
Shrink: You have landed exactly where I was hoping to take you to.
Shrink: You see, that's the difference between Eros and agape.

Friend: Did you just shrink me?
Friend: Jeez..... You're good
Shrink: Agape gives everything and wants nothing in return. While Eros gives everything and wants everything in return!
Shrink: Both are beautiful
Shrink: And true Eros always coexists with agape
                       
Friend: That’s why I said they work in tandem
Shrink: Agape is the foundation of Eros
              
Friend: I am ready to give everything expecting nothing..... But I like to have that foreknowledge the person would do the same
Shrink: And you were absolutely right
Shrink: Good
Shrink: That's true Eros
Shrink: But in agape, the mark is
Shrink: Give all, expect nothing
                   
Friend: Like God..... He has given us his all....but you need to seek him with all your heart to find him..... You must give your life, your entirety to him
                        Friend: Give all, expect nothing..... But know that the person would do the same..... Agape in Eros m Eros in Agape..... That's perfect Love.... N it's beautiful
Shrink: Yes we must give our hearts to him. But imagine someone who hasn't and doesn't want to. Does God still love him?
               Friend: Yes he does
Shrink: Good
Shrink: Now let's go to Jesus
              
Friend: Does that Love the person to heaven?
Shrink: Note a few things about the agape he taught
Shrink: One, love all. Unless, you are like the scribes and Pharisees. So you see, agape is not selective by nature. But Eros by nature is.
               Friend: My love n life are based on the principles of Christ's teaching
Shrink: Two, the Father like the sun shines down on good and evil. Again, not selective
               Friend: Now..... You are talking about general Love
Shrink: Three, give, Jesus said. And expect nothing in return.
               Friend: When it's general to all..... Agape is applied
Shrink: So agape EXPECTS nothing in return
               Friend: When it's to a particular person..... Agape n Eros work hand in hand
Shrink: You are correct
Friend: We my Brother are saying the same thing
Shrink: Yes we are
Friend: Okay
Friend: Whewww


No comments:

Post a Comment