Monday 24 November 2014

Dialogue: Other view

.......continued from last post 
Friend: First.... People mistake Feelings for love
Friend: It’s not Love that is overrated.... It's feelings
Friend: Feelings is like that initial spark of a fire.... It burns bright n loud.... Passion is raw... A sense of adventure is born
Shrink: I need excessive details
Friend: Love is the second thing, you talked about..... The sustenance
Friend: To understand Love.... People need to have knowledge of God
Friend: While feelings bring, jealousy.... Love brings understanding
Friend: Feelings bring possessiveness..... Love brings acceptance
Friend: It’s like giving a child a new toy.... He's engrossed in it for the first few days until that initial spark dies and he goes back to that old constant toy
Friend: Feelings bring manipulation.... Love brings Sacrifice
Friend: Feelings is about what I stand to get..... Love is about sacrifice.... What the other person stands to gain
Shrink: You are absolutely right
Shrink: For me, that thing people call love, I no longer see as love
Shrink: I see it as child's play
Shrink: And when I said "love" is overrated
Shrink: I was referring to that "thing" that THEY call love
Shrink: Now I have experienced what you described
Shrink: But in my case its so deep
Shrink: That I fear
Shrink: That if this is the real love
Shrink: Then there is no love in this world

Friend: There is.... But our generation is a jet age.... Fast cars, fast foods, fast birth, fast death, fast love
Friend: Love is too deep to b fast.... Deeper than an ocean
Friend: That’s why the bible says, love is patient...... You must be patient to transit from feelings to Love

Shrink: Hmmmm
Shrink: The standard is very high
Shrink: The standard of both Eros and agape
Shrink: I believe one can only prove love 20years after marriage
Friend: Yup

Shrink: When you wake up and thank God that she is the one

Friend: Yea

Shrink: Every morning
Shrink: Till then, hard to tell
      Friend: Love is not ignoring the person's law, it's accepting it, understanding it n loving the flaw as much as the good side
Friend: I mirror what God does to me into the definition of love
Friend: He knows my flaws n frailties n he accepts me like that
Friend: I err continuously but he never gets tired of me
 Shrink: Hmmm. What's the difference between Eros and agape?
Friend: Eros is the romantic aspect of love
Friend: Agape is the brotherly.... Acceptability part of it
Friend: You need both for a relationship to work..... They work in tandem.... Two heads beta than one philosophy
Shrink: Making sense
Shrink: A question
Shrink: Can you have Eros for everybody?
Shrink: Or can one have
Shrink: Cos it’s not a personal question
Friend: Eros is a wide fire that needs taming
Friend: Man is adventurous
Friend: Explore new ground n all
Friend: But if Eros is tamed.... Centralized on just one individual..... Like a knife edge
Friend: You know the drill

Friend: Love is a Journey rather than a destination

to be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment